[mythtv-users] Re: Homebrew PVR Multi-Circuit

Steven White stevew at s2microsolutions.com
Mon Jun 28 18:16:52 EDT 2004

>I assume going with a 20x4 display would jack the price up too much?  Or is
>it a physical size issue?

It's mostly a physical space issue.  All of the 20x4 character LCD
modules that I've found have pc boards that are larger or very close to
the size of a half drive height cover.  I've seen graphical LCD's that
can display 4 lines that would fit, but that requires different
programming on the microcontroller.  This circuit will be available
without the LCD is case you want to add your own HD44780 compatible VFD
or LCD.

Steve