[mythtv-users] Re: Questions from a prospective MythTV user

Eric Joe sysop at tje1.com
Mon Jun 28 10:46:01 EDT 2004

>>  2. I'd get certain channels off-air and others via Dish
>>     Network. [...] Does it just "know" that, say, channel 12
>>     comes from the TV antenna and 200 comes from Dish Network?

I have Myth setup with my Directv Receiver. Myth doesnt "know" anything
about what channel its on other than what is stored in the database. My
Myth box changes the channel on the Directv Receiver use the serial port
on the back. I am not sure how you would integrate a off-air signal into
your Myth Setup. Even if you added the stations manually to your channel
list, I am not sure if Myth can switch to a off-air signal.

Eric