[mythtv-users] No sound in live TV or recordings with PVR-250

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 05:50:52 EDT 2004

At 01:04 28/06/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>Corey Woodworth wrote:
>

> > I've had this problem. You must copy all the msp3400.o or .ko files from
> > your ivtv/drivers directory and put them in your kernels
> > drivers/media/video directory (i'm not 100% on that, but if you locate
> > msp3400.ko just put the new drivers there)
>
>Well, I found two sets of compiled drivers, but they were identical.

This is true on my system also; from a cursory glance, the gentoo ebuild
doesn't bother to create the msp3400 at all. I think if you have V4L2
compiled into your kernel (as in the default gentoo kernel source), it'll
create the correct msp3400 for you; if you're just using V4L and compile
ivtv just with the V4L2 headers, you need to substitute the newer msp3400
module.