[mythtv-users] building ivtvdev driver with gentoo

dean vanden heuvel deanv at cox.net
Mon Jun 28 00:54:45 EDT 2004

I have done this, and I use gentoo.  However, I did not use the ebuild for ivtv, but instead I grabbed the source from the project page.  I can't remember exactly where...google for "ckennedy" and "ivtv".  The ckennedy code is well advanced beyond what you can get from gentoo, and you can grab it with all of the patches already installed.  follow the simple directions (not sure if I found them at the same site...I don't think so) to build it yourself, outside of portage.  There are several good "howto" pages on this subject...at least one of them has good directions on how to build this.  It is very straightforward.

-dvh