[mythtv-users] Mythvideo/IMDB script not working

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Sun Jun 27 12:18:02 EDT 2004

Just added a truckload of new movie rips to the server, and naturally
wanted to grab the IMDB info for them.

In video manager, using the "Look up on IMDB" button gave me nothing, so I
tried manually entering th IMDB number - in this case, 0094625, which I got
from looking up Akira on the site and chopping off the tt bit. This gave
the following error:
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl
Use of uninitialised value in concateneation (.) or string at
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl line 209
Use of uninitialised value in concateneation (.) or string at
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl line 210
Check video manager settings
The offending lines, 209 and 210, are:
    print "Title:$title\n";
    print "Year:$year\n";
Any idea on what's causing this? No-one on the lists or the gentoo forums
seems to have had this problem. Am I missing a PERL module? How do I check?

Thanks for any help! I can't face adding 17 movies manually!