[mythtv-users] No sound in live TV or recordings with PVR-250

Graham Wheeler gram at geekraver.com
Sun Jun 27 03:57:18 EDT 2004

On the one hand this seems to be a FAQ, but on the other there seems to be
no consistent solution, and certainly none of the ones I've seen have helped
or applied in my case.

Hardware: Asus Pundit, P4 2.4GHz, 512Mb RAM, PVR-250 card

Software: Knoppmyth r4v4.1

I have sound in my archived (home) videos, and if I play a DVD, but none in
my recordings or when I watch live TV.

Things I've tried:

-          checking the mixer settings with alsamixer, using Line and Video
as capture devices

-          using xawtv; can't get it to work at all; no picture or sound, so
that was no help

-          using test_ioctl with various settings

I seem to remember having this problem with Knoppix r3 but that was a while
back and I don't remember how I fixed (although I have vague recollections
of removing a line of code and recompiling some driver). What else could I
try?

Thanks

Gram