[mythtv-users] need help with remote

Michelle Moss michelle.moss at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 26 04:01:16 EDT 2004

Colman Hatton wrote:

>So i have the grey hauppauge remote that comes with
>the 350, and i cant get i to function. When i first
>went through the mythtv setup the remote worked when i
>did all the lirc stuff, however after a reboot I can't
>get it to work at all. Yes, lircd is running. I've
>tried a bunch of changing focus things also. Let me
>know what other info you need. Thanks for the help

I'm not an expert on this but a couple of things to check would be:
- try running irw from the command line and see if you see anything when
you press the buttons
- double check that mythtv is compiled with LIRC support (though I guess
if it worked when
you were setting up then this is not the problem)
- check the logging of the backend when it starts up - do you see
anything about lirc not being able
to connect?

Michelle