[mythtv-users] MX440/Radeon wars (Was: Hardware ideas)

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri Jun 25 18:42:46 EDT 2004

> Jarod, do you mind revealing what specific make and model nvidia cards
> you've been using? Any others with nvidia experiences (good or bad) want
> to do the same? If nothing else, I (and others) can avoid bad nvidia
> cards, but more generally I can try to find out what cards have what TV
> encoder chips and draw conclusions about those encoders...

 Currently I'm using a Predator MX-440 8x AGP card which has an NV18
TV Encoder and I must say it's great, we honestly cannot see
a difference between what I pull off MythTV and regular cable.

 It's got DVI,S-Video and obviously VGA out. Now all I need
is a new nvidia driver (likely 2 weeks according ot nvnews.net posts)
which supports interlaced tv out, overscan and vsync and I'll be
even happier than I am now :)

http://www.mdmm.com/products/graphics/mx440agp-8x.asp