[mythtv-users] MX440/Radeon wars (Was: Hardware ideas)

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Jun 25 16:57:41 EDT 2004

On Friday 25 June 2004 13:08, Greg Estabrooks wrote:
> > Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > > Depends on your exact card. There exists a utility called nvtv that
> > > can be used to move the picture around a little bit. I just used the
> >
> > does nv-tv-out work with the 440mx yet?  (That is whats in the nforce2
> > right?)  Last I tried it didn't. . .
>
>  It definately didn't work on the Chrontel based TV encoder that came with
> my onboard MX440 nor does it support the NV18 based TV encoder
> which is on my MX440 AGP card. Luckily the AGP based card gives a beautiful
> image without my having to resort to another utility.

Yeah, this one is highly dependent on the TV-out chip. I remember someone
saying that this functionality was built into all GF4 and later chips, and it
didn't sit right. Now I'm quite positive that was incorrect, because I
remember reading the nvtv docs, which say that nvtv does work with some GF4
cards with specific TV-out encoder chips.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...