[mythtv-users] How to rename a (mis)recorded program?

David myth at dgreaves.com
Fri Jun 25 16:37:43 EDT 2004

Dan Morphis wrote:

> Chris Pinkham wrote:
>
>> > So Sky decided to change things at the last minute and switched a
>> > couple of programs round: 24 and Cold Case. It ended up that 24 was
>> > played in Cold Case's slot so we only missed one :) But now it's
>> > mis-labelled :(
>> >
>> > How do I fix that?
>> >
>> > Happy to dig into the DB tables but not sure which ones to edit.
>> > Also not sure what side effects may ensue?
>> >
>> > David
>>

>>  update recorded set starttime = starttime, title = "new title",
>>  subtitle = "new subtile", description = "new description" where
>>  chanid = 1010 and starttime = 20040601203000;
>

> David, the starttime = startime part of the SQL is very important, if
> you don't do that, you'll end up with a messed up recorded table.  I
> speak from experience on that one :-)
>
> -dan

Thank you both :)

Ah, dan - that would explain why it's gone wrong before when I've used
mysqlcc to make a change (which is one reason I asked this time).
How do you fix it if you don't use starttime=starttime? and, out of the
incessant need to learn, what does that do? integrity of some sort?

David