[mythtv-users] Home brew transmitter not receiving the channel id - edit

Shaul Kedem shaul_kedem at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 11:55:34 EDT 2004

Hi all - sorry, I wanted to add that I am using myth
0.15.1 on kernel 2.6.5,

here is the original message:
 I've managed to install mythTV , and can see the live
TV.

 Now I am trying to chaneg channels, I have a working
lirc home *transmitter*, now I am trying to write code
to change channels, but for some reason I don't get
the channel id in $1, here is my code:

#!/bin/bash
echo 'changing channel'
echo $1
echo `date`

Very simple currently. I see the 'changing channel'
line , then a blank line and then the date in the
backend terminal window. I ran mythsetup and assigned
channel ids to all of the channels in the channel
editor.

What am I doing wrong, this has to be a very stupid
thing...

Thanks in advance!!

Shaul

p.s.: I love mythTV, haven't had so much things
working in a long time!! thanks isaac and the gang (if
you are reading)