[mythtv-users] Frontend configuration

Ron Aldrich raldrich at mac.com
Fri Jun 25 01:21:25 EDT 2004

Folks,

I've been trying to build mythTV setup with 2 machines - a dedicated
backend with 2 video inputs, and a separate frontend machine.

I've gotten most of it working, except that the frontend machine can't
play anything recorded by the backend (live TV works fine).

In the mythfrontend log, I see errors of the form:

Error: /video/recordings//(big string of numbers).mov file not found
Error: File missing
Error: File missing

Do I need to set up a file server on the backend machine, or did I miss
a configuration step?

Thanks,

Ron