[mythtv-users] Nvidia Driver Woes

Jason keirstead mythtv at keirstead.org
Fri Jun 25 19:53:46 EDT 2004

On June 24, 2004 11:35 pm, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Well, if you don't care to know the whole story, please don't give other
> people advice.

There is no reaosn to be hostile. I could say the same thing about your viewpoint - by
not suggesting the newer drivers to fix the problem you are assuming that he does not play
any games on his myth box ( a big assumption, seeing how having a multipurpose box is the whole
point of using a PC instead of a standalone PVR ), and you are also assuming that he does not care
about XRender on any applications.

From my experience with using TV out on many different televisions the need for Overscan is not as high
a priority as having a well functioning driver in a general sense. Some people may want the newer driver, some
may not, but you shouldn't just tell people "don't use it" without telling them the pros and cons of both the
4363 vs. the 5336.