[mythtv-users] Hardware ideas

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Jun 24 20:34:22 EDT 2004

On Thursday 24 June 2004 16:52, David Wood wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 19:14, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > <even bigger>I reserve the dual Athlon MP for my workstation machine,
> > with 2GB of RAM and 4x36GB 10krpm SCSI drives on an Adaptec 2100s RAID
> > controller. As for the storage, my file server has 1TB of disk space
> > across 7 drives, RAID-5'd. And GigE.</even bigger> =)
>
> Good grief. How do you do backups?

Backups? We don't need no stinkin' backups... :-)

I basically don't bother backing up most of that stuff. None of it is critical
data, so I'm comfortable enough with just the RAID5 -- its just a media
server. None of this junk is so important that I care to spend large sums of
money to have a backup system for it (the array itself was costly enough).
Anything I can't live without is on an entirely different server, backed up
nightly. Though tape keeps increasing in capacity and dropping in price...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...