[mythtv-users] Web access to MythTV

Aaron Lippold lippold at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 15:03:53 EDT 2004

Hello,

My wife suggested the most direct solution is to have a web based
control system of myth that gives you access to all the features. That
way the users could just use their existing solution to access there
myth front end to play a movie, start their play list, pick a show to
watch on cable.

Now I believe that something like this already exists for scheduling
recordings remotely so could that solution be expanded to allow
channel switching, movie/music/radio browsing etc without too much
effort?

The audible menus modules sound like a great idea however I don't know
how much work that would be. It would be really wonderful because then
they could use the remote directly and the module - once working -
could perhaps just be a wrapper that speaks the current text field
which I would guess could cover the weather, news feeds, radio,
channel guide etc. The issues I see would be the dvd menus and backed
up dvd media with menus. Does Myth extract the menu information and
display it on its own? This is one of the larger issues in software
DVD players and screen readers. Then actual DVD menus are just images
like an image map and so the screen reader just says., 'blank' for
each item. If myth could extract those titles that would be a huge
beer earning event!

Thanks for all the help!