[mythtv-users] PVR-250 vs PVR-250MCE

David Davis dave at blender.net
Thu Jun 24 00:45:54 EDT 2004

Alan,
Great writeup.  I was able to get everything to go off without a hitch.
Almost....
Running #/sbin/depmod -a didn't return any errors, but when I ran
#/sbin/modprobe ivtv, I received the following errors:
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl_48.rhfc1.at/updates/drivers/media/video/ivtv
.o:
init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl_48.rhfc1.at/updates/drivers/media/video/ivtv
.o:
insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl_48.rhfc1.at/updates/drivers/media/video/ivtv
.o
failed
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl_48.rhfc1.at/updates/drivers/media/video/ivtv
.o:
insmod ivtv failed

dmesg output looks like this:
i2c-core.o: i2c core module version 2.8.4 (20040207)
Linux video capture interface: v1.00
ivtv: version 0.1.10 (0.1.10pre2-ck94r) loading
ivtv: User selected cardtype WinTV PVR 250rev1 for card #0
ivtv: User selected cardtype WinTV PVR 250rev2 for card #1
ivtv: User selected cardtype WinTV PVR 250rev3 for card #2
ivtv: Error detecting PCI card
Linux video capture interface: v1.00
i2c-core.o: i2c core module version 2.8.4 (20040207)
ivtv: version 0.1.10 (0.1.10pre2-ck94r) loading
ivtv: User selected cardtype WinTV PVR 250rev1 for card #0
ivtv: User selected cardtype WinTV PVR 250rev2 for card #1
ivtv: User selected cardtype WinTV PVR 250rev3 for card #2
ivtv: Error detecting PCI card

Just for clarification, I do have 3 of the PVR-250MCEs just as you did.  I
did remember to leave off the trailing comma in the cardtype statement,
since I just have the 3 cards.  Can you give me any ideas as to what I might
have messed up or how I can correct this?  Thanks for any help!

Dave