[mythtv-users] error at apt-get install mythtv-suite

Paul Kidwell tmb at ieee.org
Wed Jun 23 09:39:46 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: David Davis

> I'm running through Jarod's guide and am getting an error
> when running "apt-get install mythtv-suite".
> Here is what happens: <big snip>

Ya touched a nerve there, David.

I had the same problem. Here's what to do...

Do a search on Jarod's HOWTO for "/etc/apt/sources.list" and it will
direct you to the pertinent section. That'll give you the things that
need to be commented out. Also, for the OpenOffice conflicts, just
de-select OpenOffice from the packages you selected during installation.

Hope this helps :)

Paul Kidwell
VP of R & D
Preferred Engineering