[mythtv-users] Unable to edit a recording

Stephen Longhurst steve at longsteve.com
Wed Jun 23 07:10:29 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have an odd problem with just one recording on my system.  I
can't edit cutpoints at all with it, pressing E (or selecting edit
form the menu) does nothing at all.  There are no errors (even with
verbose on), or any indication that something is wrong, except for
nothing happening.

I can edit other recordings I have, and have been doing so manually
since the automatic commercial flagging seemed not to work very well
for me.

Something did happen when my better half tried to enter the cutpoints
herself when watching this recording. She managed to enter a cut that
chopped out the entire recording, and then couldn't watch the show! I
edited the entry in the 'recorded' table to put the cutlist back to
NULL. This fixed the problem so the show can be watched now, but it
can't be edited.

There must be something else I've missed, but from looking at the
database, all the data about the show is correct, but I can't edit it
anymore.

Could this also have something to do with the 'recordedmarkup' table,
which I notice has lots of entries in it?

Has anyone hit this problem before and fixed it?  I've been collecting
episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer from Sky 1, and it'd hate to have
to leave the adverts in this one episode!

Thanks,

       Steve
--
Stephen Longhurst