[mythtv-users] Two Soundcards with S/P-DIF I/O

scott at roadtech.com.au scott at roadtech.com.au
Tue Jun 22 23:27:53 EDT 2004

Hey All,
I am new to this, so I apologise If I ask any dumb questions, or I don't
explain myself clearly.
What I am investigating is the use of hooking up my paytv digital
satellite through my computer (from the set-top box, not straight from
satellite) for recording and later playback, but I will be watching it
through the PC as well on my projector via DVI.

The problem is, money is tight at the moment, so I can't afford an all out
soundcard for S/P-DIF in/out.
The only affordable soundcard  with S/P-DIF in/out I have found is
http://asia.aopen.com.tw/products/sound/aw744deluxe.htm, but its not
supported under linux.
The http://asia.aopen.com.tw/products/sound/aw850d.htm has S/P-DIF input,
and my onboard nforce 2 soundstorm has S/P-DIF output.

Is it possible to feed from my set-top box to the aopen soundcard S/P-DIF
in, then from my soundstorm S/P-DIF out to my hifi with MythTV?

Thanks,

Scott