[mythtv-users] HDTV?

Andrew Parlette andrew at parlette.net
Tue Jun 22 15:40:03 EDT 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Thor Melsted wrote:
>
>> Anyone had success using MythTV with HDTV?
>> I'm aware that some work has been done regarding that linux only HDTV
>> Tuner
>> card available, so I'm more interested in HDTV output at the moment...
>> If it can be done, could advantage be taken of the extra resolution, by
>> cramming more info on the screen in menus and schedule grids?
>>

> #1 Don't start a new thread by replying to an old one.
>
> yes Myth takes advantage of the increased resolution of an HDTV set.

Just to clarify, Myth does "work" on an HDTV set in that it looks great
and scales everything up to the proper resolution. However, outside of
increased picture quality, Myth doesn't do anything extra within HD
resolutions. For instance, there is no side-by-side PIP (or POP), tv
browsing outside of the 4:3 window, etc. I would like to see (or work on
myself) some of these features in the future. But the short answer to
the question is the quality is scaled very nicely.