[mythtv-users] possible mythvideo improvement?

Xavier Hervy maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Tue Jun 22 10:49:36 EDT 2004

Craig Tinson wrote:

> Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>

>> Not a bad idea; it (or something similar) has been suggested a few
>> times before.
>>
>> Now all we need is for someone to want it enough to code it.
>>
>> -JAC
>>

> also.. it would need to be able to decide if a video is actually on it's
> HD.. or on a DVD.. am presuming in the DB it stores the pathname to the
> video (must do..obviously).. so if that path is preceded by "/mnt/cdrom"
> or similar.. then it's obviously on a DVD.. then just need a field in
> the DB to store the disk #..
>
> am just running this off the top of my head.. and am probably over
> simplifying it.. am sure have missed some quite fundamental problems
> with this idea.. lol
>
> Regards
>
> Craig

As I said in the other post, i do this and it works great.
I keep in mind that video can be store on the default location, on a
CD/DVD or on a usb drive (when mediamonitor will alow it)

this feature need mediamonitor, and work even if you have more than one
cd/dvd drive (i think i have only one ;-))

I hope to terminate this patch a t the end of this week.

Xavier