[mythtv-users] Re: Jerod's guide updates?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jun 22 06:07:37 EDT 2004

Hi Jerrod, ;)

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 06:59:03PM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 21 June 2004 18:12, Andy Long wrote:
> <tongue-in-cheek>
> I don't know who Jerod is, and I'm not familiar with Jerod's guide. However, I
> can speak about Jarod's guide.
> </tongue-in-cheek>

> I won't change my doc over to FC2 until there are stable nvidia and ivtv
> drivers that work with the stock kernel. As for MythTV 0.15(.1), the
> instructions for installing are pretty much identical. I've installed on a
> FC2 machine (sans-nvidia and ivtv driver) just fine following that formula.
>
> > Anyone know of a guide that's as comprehensive as Jerod's that uses FC2 and
> > mythtv v.15?
>
> That uses rpms for everything, no. But like I said, there's nothing really
> stopping you from using my doc as-is, except for the nvidia and ivtv drivers
> not being safe for use with FC2's stock kernel.

You probably won't have to change the doc other than mentioning that
for nvidia and ivtv currently 8kstack kernels are neccessary, and
until this has been resolved by the respective developers such kernel
and kernel modules are offered at ATrpms.

Yes, I did build a kernel with 8kstacks and the kernel modules for it
... :(
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net