[mythtv-users] frontend runs mythfilldatabase?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jun 22 03:12:41 EDT 2004

I don't use mythfrontend very often.  When I do, it's from my
workstation so that I can edit out commercials.  After finding out that
I could set up mythfilldatabase to automatically be run my mythtv, I
assumed that this meant the BACKEND.  I opened up mythfrontend on my box
(no backend), configured it to run mythfilldatabase and figured that all
was well.

Well, on a whim, I popped open the "backend status" in mythweb, and it
told me that it had been almost 2 weeks since mythfilldatabase had been
run.  Odd, I thought.  I checked the config, and it is still set to
run.  However, when I checked the mythfrontend on the backend box, it
was NOT set to run.

Is there any way to let people know which settings are "universal" and
which are set for a specific frontend box?  I had just assumed that
"mythfilldatabase" would be attributed to the backend, since there's
little need to have every frontend box set up to run it automatically.

-Chris