[mythtv-users] pvr-350 framebuffer - slow ?

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Mon Jun 21 18:21:46 EDT 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 10:32, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> Marcel, a better thing to try is telling your video player to use an x11
> video out method. I use mplayer, so I'm not sure what the syntax is for
> xine, but if I use mplayer -vo x11 (instead of Xv), even my EPIA M10000 can
> play back most xvid and ffmpeg mpeg4 dvd rips with no problems. Or were you
> referring to mpeg2 files? (I seem to recall the dxr3 being an mpeg2
> decoder). In that case, you probably need to use the patched mplayer that
> has an option to use the 350's decoder as the video out method (or
> something like that -- I haven't tried it).

xine -V xshm will do that.
Anyways, it is too slow. I use xine -V dxr3 to play all tv-out from my dxr3
from now. Unfortunately I don't think mythtv can do this.
For now I'll stick to the dxr3 for daily use untill ivtv becomes more stable
and functional. in the meantime I test the latest drivers and provide some
feedback where possible hoping it wil be helpful to get a good driver
eventually. I did use mplayer one time to use the pvr-350 output. It wasn't
fast enough, but I'll try that again to see if it's any better than mythtv.
btw, using the dxr3 I can play all video that xine can decode. xine uses
encoding to mpeg1 to play non-mpeg files on a dxr3 (needs to be compiled in).

regards,
Marcel.