[mythtv-users] What is HW XVMC MPEG DECODING

Ryan Allen ryan at the-summit.net
Mon Jun 21 17:32:41 EDT 2004

In my previous posts, I fixed my no sound from TV and recordings problem
by disabling this.  When I installed knoppMyth last week, I choose the
"lx" option, which installed drivers for the LIRC and XVMC.  I searched
and scoured the Internet until I finally found a spec sheet for the
nForce chipset (gForce 4 on my motherboard) and it said it supported
"XVMC".  So I installed it.  However I still have no idea what it is.

Can somebody fill us in?  Thanks,

    -- Ryan