[mythtv-users] Re: Homebrew PVR Multi-Circuit

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Mon Jun 21 16:19:54 EDT 2004

> data is IR, LED, or LCD related.  I'm trying to make the circuit take up
> as little hardware resources as possible.  I guess I could use the
> parallel port for IR I/O and then use a serial port for the LCD and LEDs
> as an alternative approach.  Does anyone have any other ideas or comments?

 Personally I would LOVE to have something like this that fit into a 5 1/4
bay that had not only the LCD but also a few buttons underneath which
could be mapped to Rewind, FF, Play, enter, escape and arrows.

 Kind of like this

    http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/633/index.html
    http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/633bracket/index.html

 but with the rw, play and ff as well. If you make it I guarantee I'd buy one.