[mythtv-users] Online recordings: ??

Matthias Urlichs smurf at smurf.noris.de
Mon Jun 21 11:53:43 EDT 2004

Hi,

(I'm a new MythTV user, using 0.15.1 packaged for Debian, and
didn't find anything obvious in the archive, so ...)

When I watch TV, pressing "r" blocks the screen. Tracing the frontend
shows that it's stuck in an infinite loop trying to re-attach to some
video input, of which there are now none free since the one card has
been grabbed for recording. :-/  I have to log in from a second system
and kill the frontend.

Second problem: How do I end a recording that I started that way?
Starting the transcoder via "o" or "X" doesn't seem to affect anything.
The recording is still running, no transcode process is active, no
errors seem to get logged, and the only way to stop the recording which
I can see is to delete the on-disk movie, which is not really what I
want. :-/

Any obvious places I should look at?  "Fixed in CVS" answers are OK. ;-)

NB: If I have multiple backends, which one will actually (try to) do the
transcoding?

Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf at smurf.noris.de