[mythtv-users] Mythtv playback quality poll

Brian Stults bstults at crim.ufl.edu
Mon Jun 21 09:24:09 EDT 2004

John Kuhn wrote:
> i've been thru a bunch of hardware configurations..
>
> the tv-out from my Averkey 300gold (scan convertor said to be the
> "best")was horrible, dark, blurry.. and studdered on fast motion
>
> i then bought a PNY MX400 said be the best in tv-out.. it was better but
> not great still blurry and studdering..
> even when viewing tv on my monitor thru this card it didnt look that
> great.. not horrible.. but not as crisp as it should
>
> lastly i used the Tv-out from my pvr350... its perfect.. crystal clear
> images and video.. and no studdering.. even on tickers..
>
> I then started kicking myself for not using the 350's tv out in the
> first place..

I have to agree with you there.  I tried the PVR-350s tv-out first, but
couldn't get it to work well, so I bought an MX400.  TV-out was okay for
most things, but sporting events were a little blurry and looked like
they were recorded in 1980.  Then I went back to the PVR-350 again,
whose drivers had matured quite a bit since the first try, and the
TV-out is perfect.  It actually looks better than my TV hooked directly
to my cable box.