[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashing

Matt Redmon mythtv-user at comcast.net
Sun Jun 20 16:54:35 EDT 2004

> On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 04:23, Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 01:42:25PM -0500, Edward Rudd wrote:
> > > Has any solution, workaround, possible cause of why mythbackend
crashes
> > > so much in mythtv 0.15/0.15.1?  Ever since upgrading to mythtv 0.15
the
> > > backend crashes several times a day (more frequently from the hours of
> > > 8-9).  My system is a dual P2 450 w/ 384MB of ram, running RH 9 with
> > > Axel's RPMS (atrpms).
> >
> > You don't mention what hardware you have...  However I've had a
> > similar problem which seems to have been fixed by disabling the DVB
> > quality monitoring stuff (which was new in 0.15).
> ATI all in wonder tV LE.. no DVB at all..
> And the backend will crash during watching recordings as well, not just
> recording.

I have the same problem... random segfaults with mythbackend.  Sometimes
multiple crashes while recording, sometimes not for 2-3 days straight.
Doesn't seem to correlate with recording/playing/simultaneous recording and
playing or anything else.  I'm going to do a backtrace as soon as I can get
the time.

Matt