[mythtv-users] Channel Problem? newbie quiz

Weston, Toby (ELSLON) T.Weston at elsevier.com
Fri Jun 18 17:48:42 EDT 2004

Hi,

Just after some pointers really, I've seen lots of notes about this in the
archives but am just really confused now...

I think I've got a problem with the database and channels, I used the
tv_rab_uk_rt and ran the mythfilldatabase for the first time. There were
some strange errors...

Typically something like

DB Error (program insert):
Query was:
INSERT INTO program
(chanid,starttime,endtime,title,title_pronounce,subtitle,description,categor
y,category_type,airdate,stars,previouslyshown)
VALUES(1003,"20040620034000","20040620034500","Blank
Screen","","","","","","2004","0","0");
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Duplicate entry '1003-20040620034000' for key 1

Which (when I run the front end) results in the following when I change
channels. I have no signal for some reason too, only a green screen...

2004-06-18 22:12:49 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
ioctl VIDIOC_G_FMT: Invalid argument
strange error flushing buffer ...
Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(1 Television )
in setup is wrong

on the backend console.

I tried setting the starting channel on the 4th setting of mythtvsetup
(input connections) but still no joy.

So, any pointers for me to investigate more would be great!

Thanks,