[mythtv-users] Re: Autologin with gdm

Alexander Petkov ap154036 at cue1.umt.edu
Fri Jun 18 15:37:25 EDT 2004

QUOTE:
==========
I'm trying to do the same thing using xdm and fluxbox, but it's a world of
pain. It seems the only login managers that'll let you do autologin are kdm
and gdm, neither of which I want to use.

Same setup here. I managed to do this last night by using qlogin:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/qlogin/

I am using it on a K6-2 500 box, its main purpose is to start the frontend. It doesn't have gdm/kdm. xdm doesn't do default login, so qlogin works for me without having to install another GUI login manager.
After login to /dev/tty1 I start X in ~/.bash_profile.
~/.xinitrc carries further details (window manager, lirc, etc).