[mythtv-users] Problem after power went out...

bassem bassem at sonic.net
Fri Jun 18 14:32:10 EDT 2004

* Nate Thompson <natet at buckeye-express.com> [2004-06-17 15:34]:
> We had a batch of big storms go through the area, and the power went out to
> my house. I turned my MythTV box back on once I got home and everything
> seemed to be in order. However, whenever I play any of my recordings, the
> audio and video studder badly and start repeating and become desynched. Does
> anyone know what I can do to correct this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nate Thompson

Hi Nate,
I had a similar symptoms in the past after a power outage.
Any logs/errors from mythbackend ?
In my case i had some corruption in the database files.
The following fixed it for me (i'm not sure if this will help you or not)
Look for your recordedmarkup.MYI file.
shutdown mysql and run myisamchk -r recordedmarkup.MYI
start mysql again.

Bassem Youssef                     ||    .           ____ |
(Bay Area, CA, USA) Debian Sid     || |__O___ O_|   O     |_|
bassem-at-sonic-dot-net            ||         /..  |       .