[mythtv-users] Dynamically mount ISO image of DVD

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Jun 18 13:55:31 EDT 2004

Title says it all.  I have made copies of a couple DVDs my kids (and wife) watch all the time and because some of them have multiple languages or games you can play with the remote, I've made images of them rather than ripping just the movie.  My wife is also a french teacher and likes to watch movies in french, so I need english subtitles to figure out what is going on.  Ever try to watch Jean de Florette in french without subtitles?  Confusing at best to a non-french speaker.

Anyway, is there a way to automatically mount an ISO when it has been selected in the Video menu?  I can figure out some hacks, but I wanted to see if I was the only nutcase that has a lot (more than 10) images that I need to be able to access dynamically.  I could mount them all via fstab or something, but I'd prefer a slightly more elegant solution.  I could just put the DVD into the frontend, but that defeats the purpose of part of my reason for having myth in the first place.

Thanks,
Paul