[mythtv-users] Newbie Question

Scott Francis scott.francis at newisys.com
Thu Jun 17 17:09:08 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org]On Behalf Of Balaji Kithiganahalli
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 3:44 PM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Newbie Question

I am planning to create my mythbox. I did do research on this list and web, but i do have doubts about some questions. Please help me

1. I do know that I need two tuners in my mythtv so i can view one channel while recording an other. Can I source these two tuners from single Dishnetwork signal source using a signal splitter or do I still need to shell out money for dishnetwork to have two receivers?
[Scott Francis] Not sure about Dish network, but can help on the other stuff

2. If I have not misunderstood, MythBackend and MythFrontEnd are like Server/Client Configurations, How are these connected? Is it via ethernet cables or Can I use wireless networking?
[Scott Francis] MythBackend and MythFrontend can be on the same machine if you want.  They do not have to be separate machines unless you want to have a dedicated backend system.  If you have separate machines connect via ethernet or at least a wireless G connection.

3. IS it the same software for both MythBackend and MythFrontEnd?
[Scott Francis] No, mythbackend is different code than mythfrontend.

Thanks

BK

  _____

Getting married? Find great  <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2749??PS=47575> tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life Events.