[mythtv-users] MythTV and HDTV?

Brandon Beattie bbeattie-maillist at linkexplorer.com
Thu Jun 17 13:08:46 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 05:05:16PM -0700, jack wrote:
> My biggest problem with HDTV in MythTV is it's intolerance of a less than
> pristine signal. Other players like VLC/mplayer/xine will play the stream
> fine but MythTV will frequently start machine gun repeating the audio or
> just plain old crashing to the desktop. I rarely even bother trying to play
> it in MythtTV anymore, usually just load up VLC or xine.

The audio going in and out is most likely related to your CPU load or
PCI latency.  To fix it do the following:

Make sure you select extra audio buffering (Fixes the problem 60% of the
time)

Go into your bios and turn the size of pci transactions from 32 to 256

Make sure your CPU isn't maxed.

--Brandon