[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport doesn't transcode entire movie

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jun 17 11:37:12 EDT 2004

> Unfortunately, when it got to around 70C, nuvexport would immediately abort
> and report the process as successfully completed.

nuvexport has no way to know if the transcode was successful or not.  It
just waits for things to finish and then says it's done.

I guess I could write something in to check the return status of the
forked system calls, but even that wouldn't be entirely reliable, since
many programs return "good" even when they exit by what we might think
is an error.

-Chris