[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport doesn't transcode entire movie

Tim Tait t.tait at comcast.net
Thu Jun 17 10:09:20 EDT 2004

Timothy.Weaver at at.redbull.com wrote:

>Also try appending the following boot options either in your lilo.conf or
>grub.conf (whichever you use)
>
>nolapic noapic acpi=off
>
>Just as a test. I just tried it and my reencode is going along fine now.

I also noticed a lockup problem during transcoding, which seemed to only
happen during power states were the video was in standby (is the
transcode using hardware acceleration in my Radeon 8500 and it
powered-down?) during unattanded operation. Anyhow I added "noapm" and
it stopped breaking. I am using Knoppix on the HD  if that matters.

Tim