[mythtv-users] MythMusic Problems

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 17 08:59:45 EDT 2004

I had something similar once and sorted it out by getting new drivers for the audio chipset.It was a while ago so i dont have any more details but it was similar in that it worked for some apps but not mythmusic. I think the bundled drivers almost work but there may be better drivers for that chipset available from elsewhere.

John

Andreas Witte <Andreaz at t-online.de> wrote:
Hello List.

(Hm, got some Problems regarding the mythsuite. I write it down
to make it maybe better).

Im using mythtv from cvs on a gentoo-box with kernel 2.6.6.
The tv-part im firing with a technotrend dvb-t card which is
working more or less (ive got some tuning and the firmware-upload
issues) - but thats not a part of mythtv.
This is all working on a VIA KT266 Board with an Athlon 1700XP
and (via82cxxx_audio) Onboard-Audio (possibly totally crap!).

What one of the main problems with mythtv is the plugin mythmusic
which i tried several times now on several distributions (suse,
debian and now gentoo). Until today, i cant get a reliable tone
out of my speaker (just only with mythmusic).

It compiles fine and i can hear music and cds with several cd players
but if i try this with mythmusic, it crashes and i get a loop of
soundish anything right that moment, if i try to play ANY File. 8-(
It sounds like a buffer that is full and played over and over again
in a cycle. It could be (the time is to short to hear) that this
sound is the first miliseconds of the cd but its just a guess.

Is that anyhow a knowing feature or am i alone and did a damish
mistake that i can't get.

I would be glad if i could use mythtv-suite also as music-player
since this machine carry all of my cd-collection i backed up.

50 Cents for you ideas. =)
Thanks for helping or trying to in advance.
Andreas