[mythtv-users] Mythweb: symlink(): Permission denied

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Thu Jun 17 03:27:35 EDT 2004

I'm getting this warning when I view the 'recorded programs' page in
MythWeb:-

Warning at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/recorded_programs.php, line 103:
symlink(): Permission denied

Here's the PHP line it refers to:-

// Try to create a symlink to video_dir if it doesn't exist
    if (!file_exists(video_dir) && $All_Shows[0] && $All_Shows[0]->filename)
        symlink(dirname($All_Shows[0]->filename), video_dir);

Google (and common sense) told me that the error is occurring because this
line is attempting to create a symlink in a directory where it doesn't
have permission. However, not being a coder, I'm unsure which directory
we're talking about. I've tried making my 'video' directory (i.e. that
where myth keeps the .nuv files) writeable by the apache user, but that
didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jon