[mythtv-users] MythTV and my new Samsung DLP

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Wed Jun 16 20:50:01 EDT 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>On Wednesday 16 June 2004 07:01, John Roberts wrote:
>

>>I've been a user of Mythtv for about 6 months now - great opensource
>>project!
>>
>>I took the big step last week and bought a Samsung DLP (50 inch)!  Ouch -
>>hot dogs and beans for me every night for a while I guess...
>>
>>Anyway - the question is this:
>>
>>The TV has a native resolution which it "upgrades/down grades" to 720p (so
>>I understand anyway).  I've also read the resolution for this TV should be
>>1280x768p - which is not supported by my i810 on-board video. :(
>>

>Are you certain it isn't supported? Have you tried creating a custom modeline
>for it?

The i810 video driver does not allow any custom modelines. Just what the
bios reports as being supported. I have one onboard and had to install
an nvidia card because I could not get any modelines to work. After much
searching I found where the Intel drivers only allow modes reported by
the bios and ignore all modeline commands.

-James