[mythtv-users] version conflicts ivtv mythtv ?

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Wed Jun 16 17:36:12 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 22:10, David wrote:
> I tried 2.6.6 - ivtv #71d failed for me on the osd (black screen with
> sound was due to some spooky alpha settings)
> I'm holding at 2.6.4 for now.

Hmm, good to know. I did have good video though using the ck91h version and
also had sound. Unfortunately I don't get sound using ck77b, which I have
currently running with mythtv. I recall reading something about this (having
something to do with the 2.6.6 kernel), so I guess I can get that going
somehow.

> yep - but with sound? and no OSD - that could be the alpha problem I had.
> try ivtvctl and change the alpha to 40...

The problem was most likely an incompatibility problem between mythtv and the
ivtv driver I was using.

> I think the highest to go for a stable(ish) box is : 0.15.1, 2.6.4 and #71d

Ah, I'm going back in version numbers by the day. Seems we're making progress
here :-)

Thanks for the reply,
Marcel