[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport doesn't transcode entire movie

Chris Vargas ceenvee at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 16:46:19 EDT 2004

Chris Petersen wrote:

> Please make sure you're using the latest version of
> ffmpeg.  Issues like this are covered a lot on the
> list, and usually the problem seems to be
> an ffmpeg bug.

As I said in my initial message, I did search the
archives. I looked through probably 100+ messages with
"nuvexport" in them, and didn't see any that described
what I'm seeing, namely, incomplete encoding.

Nevertheless, as I said in my initial message, I did
see some messages that suggested upgrading ffmpeg.
Which I tried to do via apt-get install, which then
reported various dependency conflicts.

But, I decided to throw caution (and my functioning
MythTV box) to the winds and fix the ffmpeg problems,
using the "dpkg --force-overwrite" and "apt-get -f
install" method described here:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1695&start=15

This apparently fixed things as "apt-get install
ffmpeg" reported that I already had the latest
version.

I then tried nuvexport again. Same problem... conked
out about 1/2 way through a 30 min program.

Sorry for the length of this but I do want to make it
clear that I am trying here.

Thanks.