[mythtv-users] WinTV 401 w/cx881 chipset

David McKenna David_McKenna at legis.state.ak.us
Tue Jun 15 18:38:28 EDT 2004

I just purchased a Hauppuage WinTV 401 card, and it came with the cx881
chipset rather than the bttv.  I've done a little research and read that
this basically will not work at this time.  Can anyone confirm this as
true?  I'm using Debian Sarge, kernel 2.6, on a tyan kt400 s2495 mb,
with an athalon xp 2700 processor.  I can only get one channel to
display, Myth locks up when I change channel, and I'm not sure if the
problem is one of bad configuration or lack of compatibilty.  I'm a
pretty much a newbie when it come to linux hardware configuration, so
let me know what I should look for if you can.  Thanks in advance.  Dave