AW: [mythtv-users] Anyone using the ASUS A7N8X-X motherboard?

r.oth r.oth at gmx.net
Tue Jun 15 16:04:15 EDT 2004

I bought this board (deluxe Version) last week and am currently
setting it up. (PVR 350+ ATI 9200 SE + Netgear 311 PCI Network card ..
sic)
I messed around for about six hours to get the onboard lanports working:
One of them worked fine (I think it was the realtek lan port)
when initially booting from a knoppix (3.4)distribtion and also the
an install cd from ct 8/2004. when it got to reboot time after about 170
apt-get
calls the lan driver was no longer loaded to the kernel. So the setup
could
not be completed in a network manner. As I did not want to waste a lot
of
time and effort to get the A7N8X-X lan board to work I bought a 13 EUR
netgear 311 PCI card. I am not such a great kernel patcher (yet!!)
Lan is working now after reboot.

I suspect this has to do with the nvidia chipset as I had a
similar issue with a MSI Mega 180 (also Nvidia Chipset) which
I returned to the shop immediatly when I saw how limited the options
are when you run into new hardware troubles.

However I am quite impressed with the rest of the options on the
board. USB workled without troubles (with an USB Stick).

I do however get a strange "kernel message" which pops up from time to
time:
"spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7".. Probabaly I should disable the
paralell port in the BIOS. Any Tipps?

loya roland