[mythtv-users] MythTV and HDTV?

Ed Benckert ed at ebonmists.com
Tue Jun 15 10:32:52 EDT 2004

I use Myth right now just for images, video, and music... my TV is fed from
my Tivo upstairs. I'm expanding my home theatre and was thinking of getting
a HDTV DirecTV tuner for the basement and setting up Myth to PVR for it...
can Myth handle HDTV? I'm assuming I'd need some special capture card, which
I have not seen anywhere... so my inital thoughts are "No"

Will a DirecTV HDTV tuner have both HDTV and non-hdtv outputs on it? I'm
thinking I can run the HDTV directly to my projector, and the svideo to the
myth box. Maybe? Anyone have a setup anything like this?