[mythtv-users] Compiling with Lirc

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jun 15 01:42:21 EDT 2004

On Jun 14, 2004, at 18:28, James Armstrong wrote:

> My frontend use to work with the Lola usb remote. I have been
> compiling with the cvs version for some months now and it hasn't
> worked with the remote lately. I can see the remote events with irw. I
> see some options in the mythtv settings.pro that have to do with lirc.
> Do I need to compile with those turned on?

Yes.

> How is the packaged version compiled?

Which one? There are several different packaged versions. The ATrpms
packages for Fedora/Red Hat do have native lirc enabled. I'm not
certain, but I think pretty much all the packaged versions have native
lirc turned on.

> I enabled a few options and had errors so I turned them back off.

You may be missing some of the required -devel packages to build with
those options.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com