[mythtv-users] Re:Best linux OS for mythtv

Matt Housh jaeger at morpheus.net
Tue Jun 15 00:27:03 EDT 2004

Alexander Petkov wrote:
> It looks interesting, especially for boxes that have no other function than Myth.
>
> Have you tried it yourself? If so, comments on the install procedure and the overall preformance?

I use it 24/7 on all my workstations and 2 production servers. It works
well as a myth box, all problems I've had are myth-related. As far as
install procedure goes, it's fairly manual yet rather simple with any
decent degree of linux familiarity. Performance is good, comparable to a
tuned gentoo system, since you can control your optimizations rather
easily with the package/ports system.

The main webpage at http://crux.nu/ and the CRUX Linux Community at
http://crux.fh-regensburg.de/cgi-bin/cvstrac/wiki are both good sources
of information and documentation.