[mythtv-users] Lirc and home bru transmitters

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 14 14:06:05 EDT 2004

Brian Boyle wrote:

> I have been looking all over for information about how to get my
> transmitter to speak to my OLD Echostar 2700 sat receiver. I have
> confirmed that I can send with the transmitter by testing it on my
> AMP. That worked fine but the Sat receiver does not want to play
> nicely. I have tried the Echostar remote file from the LIRC site but
> that does not work.

Have you tried JVC_RAW ( http://www.turbobit.com/lirc.html )?  It's the
only lircd.conf that worked for my 4922 receiver.  I also tried the
Echostar DBS ( http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/echostar/DBS ) and
the JVC_4700 ( http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/jvc/JVC_4700 ) remote
configurations from LIRC (with and without the 56000Hz frequency), but
they did not work.

Since the DBS config from LIRC claims to work with the 2700, 4700, 5000,
etc., you might find that the JVC_RAW config (which was created for a
4700) works on your 2700.

HTH.

Mike