[mythtv-users] newbie uk mythtv question

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 13:24:32 EDT 2004

Stephen Tait wrote:
> I have a Hauppauge Nova-T which I've never actually plugged in due to
> lack of PCI slots - d'oh! - but is reported to work well.

I am using this card in the UK with the Sandy Heath transmitter and I
can confirm that it works well.  I have an Athlon 1800 CPU and a KM600
based board.  I did have to tweak the PCI settings slightly to fix a few
problems with the crap PCI chip on the card on my previous motherboard
and I've done the same with this one although I'm not sure it's actually
required.  Basically:

/sbin/setpci -d 1131:7146 latency_timer=80

(where 1131:7146 is the ID of may card) boosts the amount of time the
card gets for transfering data which helps the rather small buffer on
the PCI chip on the TV card.

JD