[mythtv-users] mythweb timezone offset

Chris Cox, N0UK chrisc at chris.org
Mon Jun 14 12:04:28 EDT 2004

Good morning/afternoon.

Running the latest rpm codeset (0.15.1) and still seeing an odd display
offset with mythweb.  I had assumed that this was a common problem but a
friend who also uses myth told me otherwise.

All times shown by mythweb for program listings are off by (currently) 5
hours.  This corresponds to the local offset from GMT; CDT is 5 hours
behind GMT.

Any shows selected to record through the mythweb interface record at the
correct time.  This really does seem to be just a display offset issue.

Perhaps the most unusual fact about my environment is that I run my mysql
database on a separate machine and, in that server's my.cnf file I specify
that the server should use GMT0 as its timezone.  That is because I use
the same server instance for a system that I want to use GMT for.

mythfrontend shows all times correctly, only mythweb displays incorrectly.

In an earlier version of my myth environment I had made some changes to
the mythweb code to explicitly add in an appropriate offset.

However, it was rather kludgy!  Has anyone else observed similar erroneous
behaviour?

--
73  Chris Cox  N0UK, G4JEC, ex-AB0CN, ex-G8PTC  RNARS #1157  EN34jv33

chrisc at Chris.Org        Ping Jockey's do it until they HEAR the burn...
  WWW Home Page: http://WWW.Chris.Org/   http://www.pingjockey.net
  Cultural observation:
	Europeans think 100 miles is a long way;
	Americans think 100 years is a long time!
  If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.